Sunday, July 10, 2011

nail salons and baby bumps

my boy friend had just broken up with me. we were up til 4am and i somehow convinced him to try to make it work around that time...2 hours later my dad was picking me up to drive 6 hrs to the beach. i stopped crying just in time...i thought i'd buck up at the beach but the underlining understanding that we were through was all i could think of...my best friend doesn't even want me...fast forward to the beach. solemn but slightly hopeful we were there and so was my entire crazy family...all their tan bodies splashin' around and me,pasty and super depressed...i knew the relationship was over and it hurt really bad. the first day i pretty much watch cable all day. the next day i had to at least attempt to not be a mess and i had 2 books in hand to help me look busy and focused. i put on my swimsuit (ouch) and noticed my toe nails looked rough...i attempted to paint them but my growing gut prevented it completely. so i gave up. while in the pool i realized that i could only think of one thing that might cheer me up: getting a fancy pedicure...so the next day i borrowed my dad's iphone and looked for a place. i found it...we drove there although my stomach was really upset. i get there and pick out some colors: something you should never do when heartbroken and sad...somehow i ended up with a purple magenta color....i sat down thinking the same thing i always think right before a pedicure, "is this wrong? is it weird that an asian women is subservient at my feet while i sit on a back massaging thrown? am i losing it? they make a ton of money...but still...." so here we are, 3 women on  throwns and 3 women at our feet speaking a language only they understand...me, not being able to just relax as usual.  so the small talk begins...bla bla bla...and then she says it: "when is baby due?".....fuck you lady!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment